We all love certain pieces in our wardrobes—those that create different looks, that we can throw on, look chic, elegant, casual, depending on our mood and occasions and be good to go. Essentials mean “necessary” or "required” in all dictionary meanings and we believe that each season when we bring you this column we are featuring the all-important pieces—or what you will “need” to build or evolve the versatility of your spring fashion. For 2018, we recommend the following pieces, which we are coveting ourselves:
- At Inhabit, we pride ourselves on the unexpected details lending our basics a surprisingly fresh twist. Our 100% cashmere crew is one of these sweaters. Lightweight enough for spring, it is hip length and it moves with the body without clinging or hugging. Our favorite part, it has a flyaway back, which lends a sophisticated yet flirty touch.
- Tunics are also a necessity in a woman’s wardrobe and our cashmere and linen version is the perfect blend of a classic concept with a modern edge. The back is slightly longer than the front and it has side slits for a casual feel. Yet it is designed with a deeper V-perfect for adding a favorite pendant or necklace to dress it up or a spring weight scarf to add a touch of subdued color.
- Our 100% linen knit tee is just loose enough to be comfy without ever looking oversized or baggy. It is one of our favorites and also a bestseller in the collection for its versatile appeal, hip skimming length and v-neckline. It goes with everything from jeans to a skirt to trousers on the bottom.
- This tissue weight linen draped knit has everything going for it. It is extra fine and lightweight for warm spring days and it is packed with style. Slightly see through and side draped, it’s sexy yet romantic at the same time. It has an elegant slouch that allows it to be worn by various demographics, shapes and sizes. And, it works perfectly over our tank tops.
- If you are going to update your spring wardrobe, this is one of the must-have items in our collection—our long gilet! Wear it over a tank with leggings or ultra skinny jeans, or over a short tank dress. There are a number of ways you can style this knit with its slits on the side and U-shaped neckline. The longer sleeves give it a hip feel, but everything about it renders it current and relevant for today and a knit that you will be able to wear well into the future.